Thursday 31 May 2012

Over the border

I've never crossed a border from a country that drives on the left to one that drives on the right, and for some reason this excites me greatly.  I just cannot wait to see how the logistics work, and how many chances there are for disaster to strike.

Are the roads like a scalextric crossover?



Glad we've taken the full cover insurance.

My limited experience of African border crossings is very positive, in fact the nicest border personnel I have ever met were in Namibia and Botswana.  I have never had a border official in Europe ask me if I enjoyed their country, or tell me to come back soon - all with the biggest smiles you can imagine.  This at a place the guide book told me could take all day to transit through - total time for the complete crossing was about ten minutes.

So with this in mind I don't have any real concerns about this crossing - in fact I'm looking forward to it immensely.  As we are to visiting Rwanda, despite all the horrors of its recent history.



We will be crossing over the border using the Cyanika crossing - and heading the few miles further south to Musanze (also known as Ruhengeri)

No comments:

Post a Comment